Please know that the SPCA of Westchester respects the privacy of its supporters. Therefore, it is the SPCA of Westchester’s policy not to sell information about our donors to any other individual or organization and not to share or otherwise disclose such information except as provided in this policy.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When donating or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register, donate, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a marketing communication, surf the website, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To quickly process your donation transactions.
• To send periodic emails regarding your support.
• To follow up with you after correspondence (email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user donates, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of the user’s personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use 'cookies'?
• Keep track of advertisements.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Because each browser varies, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your PII to outside parties. This includes website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users. We may release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
We use Google Analytics on our website for the purpose of learning about site visitor demographics and interests.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
(COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells
out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right
to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process donations and to send information and updates pertaining to donations.
• Send you additional information related to your donations.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our supporters and viewers after the original donation or inquiry has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our organization or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
SPCA of Westchester, Inc.
590 North State Road
Briarcliff Manor, New York 10510
Info@spca914.org 914-941-2896 Ext. 12
Last Edited on 12/5/16